A Mouth-watering Guide to Fit Philosophy Healthy Gluten-Free Easy Recipes
The times are gone when you used to spend extra effort while searching for good gluten-free recipes. The times have become easier, and so has the cooking! We have brought you an easy-to-follow guide on fit philosophy healthy gluten-free easy recipes that will keep your cholesterol count in control. Let us start cooking!!
What is Gluten?
Gluten is a structural protein found in certain cereal grains, including rye, wheat, and barley. Although it is naturally safe for most people but can trigger adverse health effects in individuals with Celiac disease or a wheat allergy.
What are Gluten-free Foods?
Gluten-free foods do not have any traces of Gluten. People with Celiac disease and those following a gluten-free diet avoid gluten-free foods at all costs.
If you are one of them, be careful when buying gluten-free products. Most of these products have the label “gluten-free” but are manufactured in the same space as other gluten-containing products. This leaves some traces of gluten in them.
Likewise, most people may think that fruits and vegetables are gluten-free, but sometimes it’s not the case. Like any other food, every veggie has a dark side that becomes visible when it is processed. Most processed fruits and vegetables might contain Gluten. So, do not be in a hurry to buy bags of cut baby carrots and read the ingredients first!
List of Gluten-free Foods and Snacks
Whether you have a health condition of Celiac disease or are practicing the gluten-free diet, keep reading!! Our list of gluten-free foods will surely help you skim through the grocery store.
Quinoa is pseudo cereal originating from South America. It is a great alternative to gluten-containing grains and provides tons of antioxidants.
Buckwheat is a versatile grain and naturally gluten-free food. Furthermore, it is a source of fiber and protein.
All natural forms of rice (brown, white, and wild) are gluten-free. It is a good source of energy and helps prevent many diseases. In fact, rice is one of the most eaten foods in the world.
Polenta is cornmeal and high-fiber gluten-free food.
5. Fresh Meat
One of the best gluten-free diet tips is to consume fresh meat. All types of fresh meat, including poultry (turkey, chicken), beef, lamb, rabbit, and fish, are gluten-free.
Fit Philosophy Healthy Gluten-Free Easy Recipes
The above list contained some of the most nutritious gluten-free foods ever. Let us start discovering their mouth-watering recipes.
1. Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
This recipe is easy-to-make and packed with fiber and protein. You have to cook Quinoa according to the directions given on the package. After that, mix it with diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, and a minimal dressing of lemon juice and olive oil.
2. Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
Vegan Buckwheat pancakes are one of the most underrated vegan and gluten-free breakfast ideas. To make this delicious and nutritious dish, follow these instructions.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon to a cup of non-dairy milk and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, buckwheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate container, and then add the mix of lemon juice and non-dairy milk.
- Now mix the batter and spread it on the pan in a circle(s). Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
You can top the pancakes with fresh raspberries.
3. Egg Fried Rice
Follow these steps and have a taste of restaurant-quality gluten-free egg fried rice.
- Boil the rice for 5 to 7 minutes. Once boiled, drain them under cold water and set them aside.
- Add sesame oil, gluten-free soy sauce, and spring onion to a frying pan. Heat the ingredients at a medium-high temperature.
- When the onion softens, chop raw meat/fish into small pieces, and then cook them in the same pan.
- Add rice to a separate pan and then put the above mixture.
- Cook this mixture for some time. Make an empty well in the middle and add and then add a beaten egg to it.
- Cook the egg, but don’t stir too much.
- Break the egg and mix it with the rice.
For a delicious twist, serve the rice with smoky red pepper crema. The minimal taste of rice will perfectly complement the spiciness of the sauce.
4. Polenta Pizza
Polenta pizza is delicious, vegan, and gluten-free. Follow these instructions to make it at home.
- Put the almond milk and water together in a pan. Add Polenta when water starts boiling and keep stirring.
- Add a little salt, lower the heat, and let the mixture boil for about 20 minutes.
- When Polenta is (almost) cooked, stir rosemary through it.
- Make the sauce by adding salt, tomato passata, pepper, and Italian herbs in a bowl. Now stir together.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and put the crust onto the baking sheet. Spread tomato sauce over the crust and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Cut the olives into slides and bell pepper into pieces, and drain the mushroom. Spread the topping over the pizza and bake it for another 15 minutes.
5. Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Follow these steps to taste a healthier and more delicious version of Beef.
- Add ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup water, black pepper, and minced garlic to a bowl and make a mixture. Then stir-fry beef strips and marinate them for half an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a wok on medium-high heat. Add the above-marinated mixture and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add carrots and onions while stirring and fry. Then add broccoli and keep stirring/frying for one more minute.
- To make the sauce, mix 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 cup cold water, ginger, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a bowl. Pour this mix over the beef and cook until it thickens.
Some years back, only people with wheat allergies avoided “gluten” but it is not the case anymore. Now, there is a 180 shift in dietary attitudes toward Gluten. This group of proteins has stirred controversy in the health/medical sector, and according to some experts, “Gluten” is generally not a healthy ingredient to consume.
Nonetheless, it’s not a fact and is not agreed upon by many medical professionals. We suggest you learn about your body YOURSELF, get to know which ingredients it can consume or not, and then make healthy choices!